Fireflies Dance – Privacy Statement
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with current legislation concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulations.
2. What information does Fireflies Dance have about me?
When you participate in or sign up to any of the Fireflies Dance’s classes we will collect and store personal information about you. This will consist of information such as your name, your email address, telephone or mobile number, your enrolled child’s name and date of birth and any relevant medical information. We ask whether you are happy for images/videos of your child to be shared for marketing purposes and also whether you give us permission to administer first aid to your child whilst waiting for the emergency services in a medical emergency. By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the products or services that you have selected.
Fireflies Dance does NOT share your personal information with third parties, unless clearly stated. We do NOT sell your data, and neither do we buy data from third parties.
3. How will you use my personal information?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- – to provide you with information about our products, services and activities and to deal with your requests and enquiries
- – for “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service or activity you signed up for (eg, change of details regarding a course you booked, etc)
- – for freelance staff – to contact you about an application you have made and to process your application for self-employment and where applicable your self-employment once appointed. As and when we need to use your personal information for reasons other than the ones specified above, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. Fireflies Dance may contact you:
- – to send you relevant communications
- – to remind you of important deadlines and/or renewal notifications
- – in relation to any service or activity you have signed up for in order to ensure that we candeliver the services to you
- – in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint youmake about our products or services
- – to invite you to participate in surveys about Fireflies Dance services (participation is always free and voluntary)
5. How long will Fireflies Dance keep my personal information for?
We keep the information we hold about our customers and members for as long as is necessary to deliver the services we are providing you with.
6. Who at Fireflies Dance has access to my information?
- – Natalie Hall is the only person who has access to all of the data.
- – Admin staff will have access to registration data and registers
- – Freelance teachers and assistants will have access to registers
- – First aiders will have access to medical information
7. Where is the information stored?
- The security measures described above ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal information. However, the nature of the Internet means that an absolute guarantee of security cannot be offered, and, as with all Internet transactions, you should be aware that there may be a small security risk when disclosing information online.
- – If you opt in to whatsapp groups we store your phone numbers. These are entered by choice and can be left at any time. If you are in a whatsapp group please know that your number is visible to the other members of the group. We will only contact you via whatsapp in regards to class specific information.
8. Can I find out what personal information Fireflies Dance holds about me?
We only hold personal information that you have given us yourself. You have the right to access this personal information held about you. Please contact email@example.com for information.
9. While we go through the transition from paper registration and paper attendance registers to registration and attendance registers on protected computer software we will keep the paper versions at the classes until the software is functioning at an excellent standard. This is due to health and safety as we cannot teach a child if we do not have their details close to hand. All staff are being trained on how to use the new software and it will be implemented as soon as possible. The data will be kept in a secure place at all times.
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement please email firstname.lastname@example.org